Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wall Street Money Never Sleeps

Sometimes when I see a film I can immediately make a valid assessment of what I’ve seen. I can usually make a good argument as to why one should or shouldn’t see this film. Normally I don’t believe in trashing any type of art because I am an artist myself and it is great that people are doing the things that they love whether we the public like it or not. I once wrote a poem called “Who Gets It” which dealt with the fact that poetry and all forms of art aren’t necessarily understood by everyone who reads or views it.
When I create art I don’t like to explain it and yet I do give the viewer the chance to make their interpretation whether they get what I created or not. Of course there are times when they miss the boat entirely which justifies that fact that not everyone gets art.

I watched the film Wall Street Money Never Sleeps last Friday. My mind was in other places as I revisited New York inside of my head. I remembered being at the New York Stock Exchange and walking from Wall Street down Fifth Avenue to Central Park. I thought about the Twin Towers and other areas of the city that I frequented.
I had wondered whether or not Charlie Sheen would pop up as Bud Fox and did have a cameo as the character that was partially responsible for putting Gordon Gecko being bars.
I also realized because I had followed the story of Lemann Brothers and the other banks in trouble that it wasn’t anything new to me. Sometimes we just expect more when such hype is given to a film.

Shia LeBeouf is the up and coming star of the next generation. If he continues to take on such roles he’ll be in the same caliber of Edward Norton and James McEvoy. I could see the three of them in a film together perhaps playing brothers. Shia brings an innocence and intensity of deviance to his character in this film.
When you see a sequel you have a tendency of thinking and comparing it to the original when it doesn’t drift away from the original story.
We watch as the characters continue to try to rise up the ladder and how some do it better than others.

Now that I’ve had time to let the film marinate inside my head I see it from a different view now. The film does stand alone even though it ties in to the original. Sylvia Miles shows up as the real estate agent, but Susan Surandon is great as the mother of the Shia LeBeouf character. Care Mulligan who gave such a great performance in the film An Education is just as lovely in this film.
The film has given me some inspiration as did the original. Certain films have an impact on me and help me see things in a different light.

There’s lots of vital information that can be taken from this film.
Thanks for stopping by, Do come again and why not become a follower of this blog while you’re here. Open Your Mind. Relax, enjoy and believe.

No comments: