Saturday, September 26, 2009

D's Wonderful World of Movies II

Sometimes I’ll see movies based upon a friend recommendations. Sometimes I’ll pick up a film because a star that I like appears in the film. Then there are times that the title or if its ground breaking then I want to see what all the hoopla is all about. Conversation(s) with other women is an interesting film, and groundbreaking in the fact that it was made entirely on a Mac computer. Now this intrigued me since I have been making short videos on my laptop using Windows Movie Maker. Everyone keeps telling me I should get a Mac, but until I find that there is something I want to do and it can’t be done on my computer, then I have no reason to switch.

Conversations with other women, well it’s a two character film. There is only one conversation with one other woman so I guess the title does hold up. I had to think about that because last night it was like, “What is up with the title?” The film stars Aaron Eckhart ( I first saw him in the film, In The Company of Men) and Helena Boham Carter. The two actors work well together in this film of past lovers meeting again and one appears to still be in love with the other. Almost the entire film is shot on split screen which is done quite well. Other films usually use the technique in a particular scene, but once you get used to it, it works in this film. Just for the experimental purpose and anyone interested in making movies, I recommend this film.

Music within stars Ron Livingston, Melissa George and Michael Sheen. It’s based on a true story about Richard Pimentel, who lost his hearing in a bomb blast and fought for the rights of disabled Veterans and others with disabilities. Michael Sheen is incredible as the best friend Art, who is bound by a wheel chair. It’s a film that makes you think.

I also watched James Dean for the third time which stars James Franco who bears an uncanny resemblance to the iconic actor. There are some scene where you think you’re actually watching James Dean. The story has been told many times and played by many actors, but I feel Martin Sheen gave the best performance up until this version with James Franco. If you haven’t seen this film I’d give it a look see.

Thanks for stopping by and keep an open mind.

www.artbydlonzo.blogspot.com

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54325957

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54365247

Come back again soon.

No comments: