Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lolita

When I first saw the Stanley Kubrick film I was instantly drawn to the film. It had a lot to do with the dialogue. As a writer I pay attention to the way people talk. Sometimes my stories almost seem like scripts. It just depends on the mood and the characters involved. When I read Eyes Wide Open, it turned out that Lolita is not one of Kubrick’s favorite films. Artist are their own worst critic. We know what works and we are harder on ourselves and sometimes we put things out just because we feel that we have to. Sometimes its done on purpose to see what others have to say. Sometimes we get fooled because people like what we’ve done even when we feel it isn’t complete or we didn’t give 100%.

Lolita is quite a long film as are most of Kubrick’s films. It’s a great cast and I think the film is better than the remake that was made with Jeremy Irons. The only Kubrick film I don’t have in my collection is Dr. No. I vaguely remember seeing it when I was younger, but for some reason it didn’t stay with me as did A Clock Work Orange which is my favorite Kubrick film.

www.artbydlonzo.blogspot.com
www.dcinemafile.blogspot.com
www.filmloverpg.blogspot.com
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=38275088
www.n4cersworld.com
http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/civil_rights/

I’ll add more links soon.

Time to get back to reality. Rebuilding my life, one step at a time.
Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind. What is meant to be…

No comments: