Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Oscars

I haven't seen a lot of the Oscar nominated films. In fact, the only film I know for sure is The Dark Knight. I have other films I've been watching and I've been trying to watch my pennies. I'm sure I'll buy some of the films when they are available, but in the mean time I catch up on some films I missed. I still haven't sat down to watch Spike Lee's Documentary When The Levees Broke. I hope to do that this weekend and I have another film I need to watch called The Trip to Bountiful. These films are not part of my collection so I need to watch them so I can return them to their owner.

Last night I watched the last 15 minutes of a documentary on Billy Strayharn who was very instrumental in Duke Ellington's success. Its interesting how the people behind the scenes sometimes go unnoticed. I didn't know a lot about Billy Strayharn, and he doesn't show up in a lot of books. I'll have to do some research and see if I can find this documentary. I also have a documentary on Miles Davis that I need to watch. A film on the life of Billy Strayhard would be very interesting and a great role for the right actor.

No comments: