Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friday the 13th

I had debated since I saw the first commercial for the first film whether or not it was a remake or a new film. I was planning to see if since it was from the same people behind the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre which I truly enjoyed. As the day got closer I wasn’t sure if it was a remake or a new film and then finally the midday news spot on films opening for the weekend said it was a remake. I’m not sure if they got it right because it did show Jason with a hockey mask and Jason didn’t get the mask until the third installment of the film. After Jason took Manhattan I was fed up with him. There were rumors when that there would be 13 films before Jason would be killed. You tend to lose something after a while.

Last night I had my own marathon of sorts. I watched Friday the 13th followed by Part III which was filmed in 3D and then ending with The final chapter which the ending is my favorite. It’s Corey Feldman looking like a young Jason from a newspaper clipping of an artist rendering of what the last survivor of the first film thought the boy looked like. Crispin Glover is also featured in this one. There were many killings that were similar to the first and third film. The arrow in the eye, a piercing through the neck while someone laid in bed. One day I’ll probably add Part II to my collection since it also had an interesting ending with Amy Steel pretending to be Jason’s mother by donning the old sweater and speaking as if she were channeling Mrs. Voohries.

I think Jason has certainly killed more people that Michael Myers or Freddie Kruger, but it has gone too far. What drugs does he take so that he can endure such pain? Then he was killed and resurrected… Then he took on Freddie Kruger, that was certainly just a way to get some money. LOL.

Some of us love to be scared, but the scariness isn’t what it used to be. It’s more gruesome then chilling. We turn out head instead of jumping or shrieking. They don’t make them liked they used too.

Halloween still remains my all time favorite horror film, with H2O coming in 2nd.



www.artbydlonzo.blogspot.com
www.dcinemafile.blogspot.com
www.filmloverpg.blogspot.com
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=38275088
www.n4cersworld.com
http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/civil_rights/

I’ll add more links soon.

Time to get back to reality. Rebuilding my life, one step at a time.
Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind. What is meant to be…

No comments: