Sunday, May 19, 2024

Siff 50 yrs pt 2

 The cover is from a different year.

 SIFF celebrates 50 years, here are some of the films I saw in 1995, 1.Cold Comfort Farm  2.Half Spirit - Voice of the Spider 3.Dallas Doll and 4. Confession of a pretty lady both starring Sandra Bernhard, the first time I met this comedic actress. 5.Afrique, Mon Afrique 6.Heaven't a Drag 6.Chungking Express 7.The Postman 8.1-900 9.Bleeding Hearts the directorial debut of Gregory Hines 10.The Brothers McMullen 11.Crumb 12.Denise Calls Up 13.The Doom Generation the second time I would meet Greg Araki. 14.Headless Body In A Topless Bar 15. Joe's Rotten World 16.Live Nude Girls 17.Living in Oblivion starring Steve Buscemi 18. Picture Bride 19.Party Girl 20.Swimming With Sharks 21.To Die For 22.The Usual Suspects

I love Films and Movies regardless of whether they are great or not. It takes a lot to get a project off the ground so just getting it completed is worth my time. Of course there are things I don't like, but I feel one should see it from start to finish. There could be that one scene or actor that makes it all worth while. Sometimes its the ending that brings it all together and then it all makes sense. Art in any fashion is all about interpretation.

No comments: