Sunday, July 17, 2022

The Invisible Man

 


The movie stars Elizabeth Moss from Mad Men and The Handmaid's Tale and Aldris Hodges. I  wasn't expecting the movie to go in the direction that it did. I'm not a fan of certain movies just starting without any explanation. It did come together eventually as the movie progressed. The Invisible Man is a psychological thriller with a twist. Before I had seen the movie I kept thinking about The Hollow Man with Kevin Bacon and Oscar winner Elizabeth Shue. The invisible Man takes you on the journey as if you are a part of the story. How would you feel if someone were telling you something that was so unbelievable, but they actually believed it to be true? They are just having a hard time proving it to everyone else.

Elizabeth Moss's character is in an abusive relationship. The audience doesn't know this because we don't know the entire story. Sort of like real life. We meet people, but we don't really know what is going on when they aren't around us. We learn that her husband has isolated her from her family and friends. As she tries to prove what is going on, she seems to be digging a hole deeper and deeper that she doesn't seem like she will get out of. There are some good visual effects that keep getting better and better as the movie moves along.

The first time I saw Elizabeth Moss in anything was Mad Men which the series came as a recommendation from someone that got to know what I might like. After watching a few seasons I had to add it to my collection. I had taken an advertising course in high school and thought I might become a commercial artist.

After Mad Men ended she then popped up on the series The Handmaid's Tale, but since I had no internet I did have access to a streaming service. I waited until I was able to get it from the library and it was worth the wait. A coworker allowed me to borrow the book to read. I would get an opportunity to take pictures of Elizabeth Moss at SXSW when she did a Q&A after the movie Her Smell in which she played a Rock Singer. It was okay. It was just a different role from what I was used to seeing her in.

The Invisible Man is filled with lots of surprising twists and an interesting ending. You have to pay close attention so you will know how it all comes together.

If you are a fan of Elizabeth Moss or Aldris Hodges then you will definitely enjoy this movie. If you love thrillers and surprise endings, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind and do come back again.


No comments: