Sunday, March 10, 2013

SXSW




 It is now March Madness in Austin. One of the big events is South by Southwest. The event combines, music, film and technology. Working at the Zachery Scott Theater I found out we were hosting some of the film portion of the festival. I didn’t know what to expect, I just new my duties would include working with the VIPs.

The first night there were two big names that would be at the theater for a screening. Josh Duhamel was promoting his new film and he brought Fergie along. How the process works is nothing new to me, but it was still interesting to experience. I just wanted to make things as easy as possible. There was a plan in place, but when it comes to actors of any sort, things can change in a minute.
(Stars on the red carpet.)

My second night Simon Baker of The Mentalist was the big star. There are stars at various venues around town. Musicians, actors, film makers and comedians. I know Fred Armisen from Saturday Night Live is to do a taping of a local talk show, Overheard with Evan Smith.
An actor gives an interview on the red carpet.)

Today there were some stars that I was not familiar with. They were starring in a comedy. I just wanted some pictures to add to the blog. LOL.
(Stars reacting to an interviewer.)

Coming up:  More movie reviews, Rubbing elbows with celebrities


No comments: