Sunday, March 11, 2012

Inside Man/The Perfect Stranger




Last night I did a double feature. I decided I would watch Inside Man one of Spike Lee’s main stream films and The Perfect Stranger which starred Halle Berry.

Inside Man is about a bank robbery of a different kind. It’s not about money and it also challenges the system. The film captures how politics and money can change any situation.

Spike Lee has pulled together a great group of top named actors to bring this film to life.
Denzel Washington who had worked with Spike on two previous films, Mo Better Blues and Malcolm X. Clive Owen, Jodie Foster, Christopher Plummer, Willem Dafoe, and Chiwetel Ejifor. Terrence Blanchard’s music is haunting and interesting as it helps set the pace.

If you haven’t seen this film I highly recommend it. If you like Spike Lee or if you just like thrillers, this is a good film. This is my third or maybe fourth time watching it.

The Perfect Stranger is an interesting film that stars Halle Berry as a woman with a secret. There are actually several secrets going on with many of the characters as they unfold with each scene.

The Perfect Stranger is a sexy film, but what film isn’t if it stars Halle Berry? The film is a thriller with stories unfolding at every turn.

I love films that deal with the human psyche. Just how far will a person go to succeed or to hide a secret?
The Perfect Stranger also stars Bruce Willis, Giovanni Ribisi, and Gary Dourdan. The film is directed by James Foley.

I think I became a fan of Halle Berry’s when she appeared in the film Boomerang with Eddie Murphy. Then I started collecting some of the films. I think I’ll go back and forth watching films by Pam Grier and Halle Berry. They are at the top of my list of actresses. No matter how many times I see their films I’m always entertained and I see the focus and determination to bring a character to life.

My favorite Halle Berry film is Introducing Dorothy Dandridge. That will be next on my list to watch. I’ll be doing a Pam Grier and Halle Berry film fest soon.

If you like any of the stars mentioned above then you will enjoy The Perfect Stranger.
I’m waiting on Halle Berry’s next film, Dark Tide. I’m just not sure if this is the film in which she plays a woman with multiple personalities or if its something different. She was promoting the other film, but there is always controversy when it comes to Halle Berry. I’ll have to do some research on my own. It’s routine for a film to get shelved because of the politics of Hollywood.

Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.


http://artbydlonzo.blogspot.com

No comments: