Sunday, March 21, 2010

Up

I had accumulated some Disney rewards and I decided to go to the Disney store to use them. My intent was to purchase The Princess and the Frog. It's a retelling of the classic tale and it was set in New Orleans. I had seen the film while I was in NOLA and I decided I'd add it to my collection.

I also had enough to purchase Mary Poppins and Up. I only recall seeing Mary Poppins when I was a kid and only a few musical numbers stick out. So, I'll sit and watch it again soon.

Up was nominated for best picture at this years academy awards and I can see why. This is really a good film. It's more for the teenager to adult crowd then the kids and prepubescent. It has some funny moments, but there is realism in the film. The opening tale is told with very little dialogue and then the adventure begins and we go along for the ride thinking about our own adventures that we'd like to take.
It's a film that the family can enjoy.

Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

No comments: