Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last post for the year

I’ve watched quite a few movies this year. I only went to the theater once, maybe twice. I don’t remember if Knowing was this year or last year. I could have gone without seeing it. I do remember the film worth seeing was 2012. It was worth the price of a ticket. I saw Precious and The Blindside which were both surprisingly good. I will watch Precious again because I feel the hype has played out and I can give it a better viewing. Monique may get nominated for an Oscar, but whether or not she brings it home is another story. Of course last year everyone made a big deal over Slumdog Millionaire and it was a good film, but there were films that were better. Anything is possible in the world of entertainment.
Here’s a list of films that I did see and my rating. ***** must see /**** has moments’ *** You have to like one of the stars/ ** wait for the DVD /* view at your own risk
The Interview ***
The Visitor *****
Sunshine Cleaning ****
2012 ****
Precious ****
Paradise Now *****
Waltz With Bashir ****
Cadillac Records *****
Atonement *****
Rachel Getting Married ****
Grey Gardens *****
The Secret Life of Bees ****
W. *****
Nixon / Frost *****
The Keys to the House ****
Riligulous ****
Doubt ****
Spinning Butter ***
Far North *****
The Golden Door ****
Fireproof ****

Thanks for stopping by and do come back in the new year.

No comments: